Saturday, October 11, 2008

Novelty Songs


In going over the rankings of my Squidoo lenses, I noticed one group, the six novelty songs lenses, weren't getting visitors. The first one, the Dr. Demento Hit Parade, has had a few, but some haven't had any. I came up with the idea of doing the lenses to help me reach my goal of 100 lenses by Sept. 30, and I'm a little perturbed at the lack of traffic.

To help remedy that, I hope, I created the Novelty Songs lens. It's basically a short lensography the uses the Featured Lens module. That module has been around for a while, but until recently I managed to remain unaware of it. I'd seen it used elsewhere, but didn't know what it was called. It uses the photo from the introduction and about three lines from the intro.

Sunday, after the lens gets its green check indicating it's a featured lens (as opposed to a work in progress), I'll be able to lensroll it to the other six lenses. I plan to submit it to some sites that should help get traffic and we'll see what happens to the novelty songs lenses from there.

No comments: