Friday, July 18, 2008

Trying Out New Ideas

Started out looking at stuff on Squidoo, and a comment on my Spoonerisms lens led me to a lens of jokes by poddys, aka Tony. He had a colored box as part of his guestbook which invites people to join Squidoo. By referring people, both he and the person signing up through that referral make $5 once the new person gets $15 in payout from Squidoo. It's a great idea, and I'm surprised I hadn't seen something similar being promoted by others. So I copied the code, made some changes to the appearance and text, plus I changed the code so I'll get the referral. It now looks like this:

Join Squidoo and create your own lenses. They're free and you might even make some money at it. Lenses are web pages, but the Squidoo folks call them lenses because the pages focus in on topics. Everyone's an expert on something. Music, humor, books, travel, collectibles, movies, photography -- just about anything that interests you probably interests someone else. Ready to start? CLICK HERE

Go ahead, click on the link and get started! And don't worry - it can take a few months before you get enough in your Squidoo account for a payout, so I won't be holding my breath. It's better to make lenses about stuff you are interested in and make it the best lens you can without being concerned about how much money you're going to make.

I probably won't add that box to all of my lenses, but it's on the Celtic Music: Lenses and my own lens about what I'm up to on Squidoo.

Following another of Tony's links led me to Qassia, a free site that helps with lens promotion. It's free, so I figure I've got nothing to lose and it might turn into a little bit of money. It's in beta, so you need a referral to join. I joined through Tony's page. If you're interested in joining, click on the logo to go to my Qassia page.

Qassia


I have no idea whether Qassia will be a big thing or not once it's out of beta, but it seems worth a shot since it's free and doesn't take long to sign up.

No comments: