Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Squidoo Lens for Danú


Several days ago I added Danú to a list of Celtic music groups I wanted to do a Squidoo lens for, and this morning I set about to get it done. I had it about 75% complete when it was time to take a break and listen to and watch Louise Molony's show on LiveIreland.com. As she often does, she announces she'll be featuring information about an artist or group. Her choice this week: Danú!

I swear, you can't make this stuff up! As she was giving her presentation, someone in the chat room asked what the paper on the console was that she appeared to be reading from. I realized it sounded familiar, so I pulled up the Wikipedia article for Danú I'd been using earlier. Louise and I were drawing from similar sources, as I'd guessed, and I mentioned that. She scolded me, in a good-natured way of course, for giving away her secrets. Someone, undoubtedly joking, said she'd written the Wikipedia article. I replied that it wouldn't surprise me if she had since she is very well-educated in Irish traditional music.

After Louise's show, I decided to take a look at the history tab for the Wikipedia article. I saw that back in April, some modifications had been made to it by "BrownHairedGirl." Hmmm...Louise has brown hair. So I clicked on the name. BrownHairedGirl is from Ireland. So now I'm really wondering!

Check out my new Danú lens on Squidoo! And my other lenses are listed on my Celtic Music-Lenses lens.

No comments: