Sunday, April 22, 2012

Off to a Good Start

My ChipIn, Save the Whale (Me) got off to a good start the other day with some friends donating. I'll be able to eat for the rest of the month and pay a bill or two.

I'm wondering if a goal of $2,000 has led folks to think they need to be able to donate more than perhaps they feel comfortable giving. I'd just like to say that every little bit helps. It all comes through PayPal, so I don't think there's a minimum amount one can send. Even a dollar will help. Lots of small donations from a lot of folks adds up.

With jobs still seeming to be scarce for someone of my age, I need the help. I am collecting Social Security, but that mostly covers rent, electricity, cable/internet and some food. The credit card bills are high and that's starting to be a real problem. I really hope I won't have to deal with collection agencies. They can be horrible. That's one kind of job I would never do because it requires one to be an absolutely heartless jerk.

Anything helps and thanks in advance once again!

No comments: