Monday, September 15, 2008

Two Video Showcases and a Lens

Since I'm trying to get to 100 published Squidoo lenses by the end of the month, and didn't do any over the weekend, I did three today. I started off with a video showcase for Scotland's Battlefield Band, then did a lens for a second Dr. Demento Hit Parade. That could've been done as a video showcase, but for some reason I did the first hit parade as a regular lens, so I stuck with the format for the second one.

After I published the second hit parade, I figured I'd just look and see if there were enough videos on YouTube for a Tom Lehrer video showcase. There were more than enough, so I dove in and added 20 of them. I messed up and put in the "Pollution" song twice, but I deleted it and substituted something I'd skipped. That was a video that uses scenes from Farscape with the relationship between John Crichton and Aeryn Sun set to "Masochism Tango."

When Squidoo updates in the morning, I'll have 87 published lenses. I have one in progress that's been that way for a while - turns out it was a much bigger subject than I bargained for, so it may be a while before that gets done. I think I may get the 100th lens published before I tackle it.

No comments: