Monday, August 11, 2008

New: Golden Bough, Update: Spoonerisms

When I went to the Portland Highland Games in July, I got a lot of pictures of the Celtic music trio Golden Bough. At the time I did some preliminary work to get a lens started. Yesterday I got the Golden Bough Squidoo lens published. It's got all their CDs available on Amazon in it, plus several of the better photos I took at the games.

Today I poked around looking at various Squidoo stuff, then decided to add another Spoonerized fairy tale to the Spoonerisms lens. So I wrote up the story of Beeping Sleauty. I'd heard it years ago from an LP by one of the performers at Northern Lights, but since I haven't had a turntable since 2000, I haven't heard it lately. I read over the version in Stoopnagle's Tale Is Twisted, but most of the Spoonerisms are my own. I borrowed one line I remembered from the LP because it is too good to pass up.

At one point, I took a long detour to join Allposters.com, thinking to use an image of a Sleeping Beauty print. But when I got to the point where I plugged it into the lens module, for some reason there was a huge amount of white space around it.
Sleeping Beauty


Buy at AllPosters.com


You can see what I mean, sort of. The lens has a white background, so the border just looks like white space. It looks better here. Still, there's more space than I like around the "Buy at AllPosters.com." In the lens, the text wrapping almost worked, but not quite. In the end, I found another image on Wikipedia and used that. I'm still going to do something with Allposters at some point.

No comments: