Friday, August 1, 2008

Cabra d'Abra

Tomorrow (Saturday) is the day I'll be at Faerieworlds at the Secret House Winery west of Eugene, OR. I'll be dress as a wizard, wearing the white-hair wig and big pointy hat like I did last year. This year, though, I can dispense with the fake beard.

My wizard name is Cabra d'Abra, the Wurst Accizard. The idea is I'm under a spell and any time I try to speak about magic, I find myself spooking in Speenerisms, like when I do Rindercella and the Prandsome Hince. That makes it hard to do any magic, because of course all the spoons get Spellerized.

I made up some business cards to hand out - double sided, and here's what they look like:


The background image is spirals from the Newgrange burial mound in Ireland. The image was done in Paint Shop Pro and printed onto Avery business cards, 10 to a sheet, using Avery's wizard and MS Word.

I used the same image to make a modification to the cover of The Secret Sketchbooks of Brian Froud. I printed it 8 1/2 inches wide with The Spook of Bells centered, trimmed the paper to fit over the title area of Froud's book, and taped it on. I hope he doesn't mind. He probably won't since he's got a pretty decent sense of humour.

The camera's ready - the memory card is empty, and I've got a bunch of batteries. It's going to be a pretty long day, what with driving about 2 1/2 hours each way, and I'll have to see how far into the evening I get. Just in case, I'm going to take stuff so I can check into a motel if I get too tired to drive back, but I'd rather not spend the money. I hope I can get some pictures posted Sunday or Monday.

No comments: