Sunday, August 17, 2008

Girls With Slingshots - Squidoo Lens

It's been very hot and somewhat humid since Thursday, but over Friday and Saturday I created a new Squidoo lens for the webcomic Girls With Slingshots by Danielle Corsetto. I published it yesterday.

The website for Girls With Slingshots has a lot to it besides the strip itself. Corsetto's got a store offering the first GWS book, cards, buttons, original strips and other artwork. She's got extensive information about the strip and its characters. And she's got banners, which I was glad to see because I was able to use them as graphic elements in the lens. It wouldn't be right for me to use any other graphics from her site because I don't have permission. Here's one, and it's a link, too:





That's Jamie McJack on the left, best friend of Hazel Tellington, the main character, in the middle, and McPedro the talking Irish cactus, on the right.

Visit the lens or the GWS website to find out more.

I wanted to send an email to Danielle yesterday and had it all written, then hit a wrong button and it all disappeared. Then I tried to send her a Twitter tweet, but I messed that up too. Since it was so bloody uncomfortable and my computer's fan started to sound really loud, I ended up not sending anything. Today, however, I looked up how to tweet a specific person and sent off one to "zee artiste" as she refers to herself on her site.

I've never met Danielle Corsetto online or off. I hope she takes a look at the lens and likes it. [Edit at 4:16 - just got a tweet from her - she likes it and said she'll link to it tomorrow, which is when the next GWS strip is published.)

I really like the webcomic. It's a slice-of-life comic. I'd previously followed Christopher Baldwin's Bruno, but he ended it a year and a half ago, although the archives are still up. GWS is quite a bit lighter in tone than Bruno, although Corsetto still deals with some serious issues in the strip.

I hope you'll visit both the lens and the webcomic, and I hope you like what you see.

Oh, the weather's supposed to be cooler tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No comments: