Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Twittering

I've signed up for Twitter, the social networking site where you can post what they call "tweets" - short messages of 140 characters or less about what you're doing. People can sign up to follow your tweets if they like, just as you can follow others.

I imagine some people spend a lot of time posting tweets. Seems like it would be something teens would get into so their friends can follow their every move. I'll be using it now and then. One reason I signed up is so I can put out brief messages about my Squidoo lenses and other things like updates to my website (which I haven't updated in a while). I don't plan to be one of those people who feels others need to know my every move, but it might be a handy way to just note interesting stuff like books I'm reading, interesting websites, etc. But I really doubt anyone cares what I had for lunch or where I've just gone shopping.

My Twitter page is: http://twitter.com/MobyD

I haven't really figured it all out yet, but I'll be looking into it more. So far I've only elected to follow Fortunalee, host of Fortuna's Favor on Delphi Forums, and liveireland, the Twitter page for the Internet radio station liveIreland.com. Now that I've signed up, I'll probably become more aware of other people/sites to follow.

No comments: