Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Firefox 3 Release Day is Today

The latest official release of Firefox, Firefox 3 was released today at 10 a.m. Pacific time. I couldn't get into a site for downloading at first, so I went back to making a web page for Clannad to be uploaded later to my HavePun-WillTravel website.

Just for kicks, I decided to try again. First I Googled "download firefox 3" which gave several choices. One which caught my eye was a link to a page on ZDNet called "Don't download Firefox 3 yet." I decided to see why some computer writer was raining on the parade, but found the page had been updated, and rather than just rewrite the page, the author used strikeouts and put in the updates. Apparently things were a bit rocky right at the start - not something I find surprising - but it appears Mozilla fixed things up quickly.

I got my download from http://getfirefox.com/ and installed it after closing down all the Firefox pages I had open for working on the web page, and I closed Dreamweaver and Winamp (I was listening to liveIreland.com).

I'll admit I haven't tried out much yet, but when I fired up Firefox 3, my favorite theme, Walnut, was working, and I went to the Go Firefox! forum on Delphi and posted.

So if you're one of those folks who wants to try something out right away, go to http://getfirefox.com/ and download. My download seemed to go along quite quickly, and installation was very quick.

No comments: