Monday, January 21, 2008

Still No Progress

Friday's entry was written when I came home for lunch, and things seemed to be going well. I had gotten logged into a critical system, although the part of the screen that should have contained links to other training programs and actual work programs was empty. It had taken another day for others to see stuff there, so I wasn't too concerned. I'd go back Monday and they'd be there.

Wrong again. They never showed up today and I made our new trainer, who should be with us (us? or should I say the rest of the class?) for the next couple of weeks, aware of it, but by the end of the day, nothing had happened.

So now it looks like tomorrow morning I'll be pretty much back where I was late last week. I'll go in and let them know that if they want me around after lunch, someone needs to get on the ball. I think I've been more than patient while letting them know how I felt about the issue. If they can't get things working for me tomorrow, that's it. I've wasted enough time on a company that just can't seem to get its act together enough to provide a proper training environment even though it was able to do it for the vast majority of the class, and in less time starting from scratch with them than they've had to try and fix my issues.

And they brag about being a Fortune 100 company. Gimme a break.

No comments: