Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Celtic Christmas Snowball

A couple of days ago I published my Squidoo lens Celtic Music: Christmas which features Christmas CDs by artists I've made lenses for. Around mid-morning I got a Twitter tweet from active Squidooer badmsm who said she'd visited the lens, rated it five stars and she left a comment. The comment mentioned Windham Hill's Celtic Christmas CDs.

I'd considered creating a lens of Celtic Christmas compilation CDs, but hadn't thought much about it after doing the first Christmas lens. So I revisited the idea and found Windham Hill has a series of at least seven Celtic Christmas CDs. That seemed like a very good start for a Celtic Music: Christmas Compilations lens, which I've just published. That's led to other lens possibilities.

In reviewing the first lens, I decided to check out other CDs by Moya Brennan of Clannad. She's got enough out for a lens. Then in looking up CDs on Amazon, I saw one by Scottish fiddler Bonnie Rideout, so there's another possible lens.

Next I came across a CD put together by Brian O'Donovan, host of A Celtic Sojourn on WGBH, a public radio and television powerhouse in Boston, MA - if you watch public television, you've no doubt seen the logo of WGBH on programs like Nova. So there's another lens possibility for Brian's show, which can be listened to anytime online: A Celtic Sojourn. I'm listening as I type this. If there's not enough for a lens for Brian's show alone, it can be part of a lens on other Celtic radio shows.

I ended up adding two Bonnie Rideout CDs and one Ashley MacIsaac CD to the Celtic Music: Christmas lens. I also found a second volume of Brian O'Donovan's Christmas music from his show, which I added, and then there's a DVD of the live A Christmas Celtic Sojourn that is presented each December in Boston and Worcester, MA and Providence, RI.

No comments: