Friday, November 21, 2008

Giant Squid Awards Nomination

My Spoonerisms lens has been nominated for the 2008 Giant Squid Awards in the Humor category. Today it's ranked #2 in Humor and #149 overall.

I added a box of text with a linked graphic to the introduction for the lens:

This lens has also been nominated in the Humor category for the 2008 Giant Squid Awards. Logged in Squidooers can vote by clicking on the image to the right.

Please vote by December 21, 2008!

I'd appreciate it if you'd visit the Spoonerisms lens, which gives me a page view, then click on the graphic from there. But if you're in a hurry and still want to vote, clicking on the graphic in the box above will take you right to the Humor category on the voting lens.

It was fun figuring out how to make the graphic, which I uploaded to Flickr, into a clickable link that opens in a new browser tab. You can bet I saved that code so I can use it again!

In other Squidnews, I updated the Best Sellers lens with the new format. The one tweak I made was to put the number representing a book's position on the list into the title of the module instead of on the line with a book's previous position and number of weeks on the list. By doing that, it shows up when I hit the "Rearrange Modules" button and I just move the modules up and down until they're in order.

I still save book titles, ISBNs, and text in a Notepad++ file, but with the individual modules, I should only have to enter stuff once for the entire time a book is on the list. That way, if editing gets messed up, the information is still available to be plugged in. The modules used for books that drop off the list get recycled for use by new books.

No comments: