Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Getting Deliveries

With the idea firmly in mind that any charges put on a credit card must be paid in full before the due date, I ordered some things from Amazon, mostly related to Faerieworlds. I ordered Brian Froud's The Goblin Companion: A Field Guide to Goblins with Terry Jones of Monty Python fame. That arrived either last Saturday or this Monday (I might not have checked the mail on Saturday) from a third-party Amazon seller via snail mail - speedy snail!

I also ordered a red shopping/laundry cart which was shipped by UPS and was scheduled to arrive today.

And, since I am assembling a new wizard costume - Rincewind from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, I ordered a Harry Potter Sorting Hat, also from Amazon. That may arrive tomorrow via snail mail. The hat only comes in brown, and I want to use fabric spray paint to make it red. I will not mind if it looks a bit grungy since Rincewind was no fashion plate. Gotta get some glitter glue to write "WIZZARD" on it. Yep, that's right: two Zs. I have an older wizard robe I used the second and third years I went to Faerieworlds, so I'll want to make that red as well, and again, it's fine if it looks a bit worse for wear.

I spotted another new Brian Froud book, The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Vol. 1 and added that. It should arrive tomorrow also along with the sorting hat and a shopping/laundry cart liner. I thought I'd missed seeing that book over the years, but it was just published last December and the volumes to follow (two, I think) haven't been published yet.

UPS did deliver the cart today. Usually I've seen UPS show up in the early afternoon, but today it was just after 5 before I got it. Now, there are a lot of days that I don't go out at all, and who knows, today might've been one of them. But because I was expecting a delivery, I didn't go out and felt kind of stuck. Tomorrow I'll have to wait again, but the mail usually comes earlier - around noon to 1, I think. I was watching for the mail truck, but I must've missed it because I did have something in the box today.

I want to assemble the cart either tonight or early tomorrow because I have mountains of laundry to do. If I do laundry, I'll have to use the dryers because it's supposed to rain tomorrow (Thursday). Naturally, today was one of the driest and sunniest days we've had in at least a week. Murphy, my guardian idiot, has been keeping an eye on me lately.

The battery-operated little lights I got for the wizard (one z) hat with all the faeries should work out nicely, along with the sets for my black wizard robe. I might even get more lights for the grey wizard robe, which has a hood, I got to replace the older one. I just noticed the butterflies on the hat really took a beating during the New York/New Jersey trip last November. Guess I'll need some new ones. That seems to happen each year. Maybe I'll have fewer butterflies because of the lights. One of the faerie figurines suffered damage on the trip and I got it repaired today. I may give it a couple of glitter-glue armbands to cover the breaks.

Also I checked out my multicolored plugin lights which I'll be taking along to decorate the tent. Since I'll be tenting behind the Three Moons Emporium booth where I'll be assisting (possibly also selling a few steampunk tophats with clocks and maybe little lights), electricity will be available.

No comments: