Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two Lenses in One Day

My new Squidoo lens Celtic Music: Rattle the Boards came about as a result of checking out Marc Gunn's latest Celtic Music podcast. When I checked out the site, I noticed quite a few of the artists on the podcast have CDs at CD Baby. Since I'm a CD Baby affiliate, it seemed only natural to create a lens for Rattle the Boards. Marc, by the way, was one half of the Brobdingnagian Bards. He's been doing the podcast for a while now - the latest one is the 67th in the series. The lens is short since they've only got two CDs, but Rattle the Boards is a group well worth listening to.

Earlier in the day I checked out how to create a Squidoo lens for my Zazzle store. I started the store late in 2008, but never gave it a whole lot of promotion. I should've made a promotional lens then, but went on to other stuff instead. When I added new stuff to the store a few days ago I knew I had to make the lens if I ever expected to get any action from it. Squidoo's got a whole template set up for doing a Zazzle showcase lens, so it was pretty easy to make. While I do have more than items with photos of Oregon Zoo animals, I decided to make them the feature of the lens.

This post started as something automatically posted through Ping.fm, which I signed up for yesterday. It turned out I got the formatting for a link totally wrong, so I had to correct it on my Facebook page and post a followup tweet on Twitter, then come here. I did look up how to keep links from messing up by putting an asterisk at the beginning of the code. That means I'll just be entering the basic http://www.squidoo.com/celtic-music-rattle-the-boards link with an asterisk to keep Ping.fm from shortening it. I'd prefer links that look like the others in this post, but I'm not sure that's possible with Ping.fm.

No comments: